Sr. Business Continuity AnalystRequisition R077703 Market Richmond, VA Department SS I&T - Info Security Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
This position is responsible for assisting in the development, deployment, systems administration, and day-to-day relationship management of Bon Secours Mercy Health’s business continuity processes and disaster recovery planning strategy programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures BSMH clinical and enterprise business continuity plans address the recovery needs of the enterprise which includes all necessary components as required by regulatory requirements and align with the BCM program operational life cycle.
- Tracks and provides business continuity program metrics as needed.
- Conducts and provides analysis for critical business operations to identify points of vulnerability and recommends mitigation and reduction strategies.
- Performs Business Impact Analysis for both internal functions and vendor controls that address the specific business continuity and disaster recovery risks and incorporate into the overall IT and enterprise risk ratings and architecture.
- Assists in training and awareness initiatives around disaster recovery concepts as it relates to employees in the company.
- Contributes to all deliverables and recommended improvements resulting from the work performed as part of BC/DR projects.
- Monitors the effectiveness of corrective actions and recommends cost-effective preventive measures to preclude recurrences.
- Supports the BC/DR aspect of various audits and assessments to ensure that all outstanding findings and gaps are resolved by IT and the business.
- Provides guidance and direction in the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field (or working to attain such a degree with a defined path for completion within two years) or five years of related work experience.
- Knowledge & skills typically resulting in eight or more years of related experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Continuity Planning required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current business continuity and disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies.
- Work experience in compliance, governance, audit, or risk management preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and work with people of all backgrounds and at all levels.
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, make independent decisions and work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with staff, management, end users, vendors and other regional personnel.
- Experience and ability to present highly complex subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with reviewing contracts and support user awareness training initiatives to create a security compliant culture.
- Ability to research, organize and analyze data to support effective decision-making.
- Ability to use all necessary computer software efficiently and effectively.
- Experience with healthcare applications preferred
- Willing to travel to various locations.
- Certified training in business continuity and/or disaster recovery solutions and practices (i.e. CBCP, ABCP, CBCI, BCCP, CFCP AHPCP, CHPCP, MBCP, CBRM, CBRITP, etc.)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Project Management certification; or equivalent experience
- Experience with technical writing of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity policies and standards.
- Experience working in the healthcare field, exposure to not-for-profit and faith-based institutions.
Full-time, 40 hours per week, days, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel required and after-hours support.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS I&T - Info Security
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse