RN Case Manager - PRN
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN Case Manager - PRNRequisition R048298 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The CM is a key contributor to the overall financial, quality and clinical performance. The CM supports an outcomes-oriented patient care delivery system, which places the patient at the center of all activities. The CM assesses all patients on their assigned unit within 24 hours of admission to identify needs for discharge and works with the treatment care team, the patient, and the family (or primary care taker) to establish an acceptable discharge plan of care. The CM is a resource for the patient and family to obtain the necessary resources that they may need regarding their care, treatment and discharge.
The CM works with patients to ensure social and psychosocial needs are met, assists with eligibility determinations for social programs and funding sources, and ensures access to community assistance programs if so needed by the patient. A CM provides a positive financial impact to the organization through extensive interaction with physicians, nurses, and other patient care givers in managing length of stay and limited readmissions. The CM offers crisis intervention to patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinates and facilitates the development of an effective discharge plan of care for all patient populations. The CM also works with the care team to fulfill the goals of the health system by controlling length of stay and readmissions and following isolation protocols to decrease the hospital spread of infection.
1. Bachelor degree or higher required.
2. Experience in a medical office or hospital department setting preferred.
3. Knowledge of various software applications, i.e., Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
4. A Clinical Social Worker (BSW, MSW or LCSW) or a Licensed Registered Nurse (Licensed as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia) is preferred.
5. If a BSW, MSW, or LCSW, prefer employee have experience in the case management field. If a Licenses RN, prefer that employee have clinical experience.
6. If employee has received a license in a clinical setting previously, primary license verification required.
7. The employee must have strong interpersonal communication skills with an ability to work independently, problem solve, and be able to resolve conflict in an assertive manner.
8. The employee must have strong organizational and time management skills as evidenced by a capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
9. Must have or complete the Case Management Certification (ACM or CCM) within three years of employment.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:SS Quality - Care Management
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nurses are one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN - TELE / TELEMETRY Greenville, South Carolina
- RN - TELE / TELEMETRY Greenville, South Carolina
- Environmental Services Attendant (10:30 pm to 7 am) Greenville, South Carolina