Radiology AssistantRequisition R085460 Market Richmond, VA Department Radiology - CT - St. Mary's - Richmond Shift Other Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The primary function of this position is support and organization of the Radiology
Departments in the following ways listed below.
- High school diploma or GED
Essential Job Functions
- Organizes rooms, stocks laundry, changes linens, takes laundry to chute, brings stretchers in and out, and bring patients to room for exams.
- Assists in Procedures: Getting supplies, calling the lab, pathologist, radiologist, nurses and codes.
- Assists with Schedule: Reviews the schedule daily. Take calls for add- ons. Reschedule patients, schedule interventional procedures and coordinate with nursing staff. Sets up transport request, coordinates patient flow and schedules through direction of technologist (s). Blocks schedule when asked by Lead technologist or designee.
- Researches patient records and retrieves information on future patients.
- Changes, cancels and orders exams as directed. Calls physician’s office for questions on incorrect orders. Identifies items requiring follow up and answers telephone messages.
- Act as a liaison between the technologists, physicians and physician’s offices, nurses, support staff, radiology staff and transports in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Works proficiently with all radiology computer systems. Calls information systems and puts in tickets when problems occur.
- Maintains office and medical supplies, stocks closets, room and carts of supplies. Let’s the team leader know when supplies need to be ordered
- Supplies general information to patients and family members. Responds to patients and visitors promptly and politely.
- Accepts additional responsibility as necessary.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in Ultrasound. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures. In this department we image neo-nates, pediatrics, adolescence, adults and geriatrics.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Radiology - CT - St. Mary's - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse