Patient Care Tech PRN - Nursing Student (RN and LPN Students)
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Patient Care Tech PRN - Nursing Student (RN and LPN Students)Requisition R128827 Market Richmond, Virginia Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital is hiring nursing students to work in PRN Patient Care Tech roles. If you have completed at least one semester of clinicals in a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse program, apply today to discuss the PCT opportunities available!
Bon Secours offers a competitive tuition reimbursement program, and has flexible scheduling options to work with your school schedule.
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Patient Care Technician (PCT)– Richmond Community Hospital
A Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides basic health care and support to patients under the guidance of the Registered Nurse or designated healthcare professional. As part of our team, the Patient Care Tech (PCT) is responsible for sanitizing and cleaning patients’ rooms, monitoring patients’ health and vital signs as well as assisting patients with basic needs like feeding and grooming.
- Acts as liaison between patient and nurse by monitoring and recording patients daily activities; report any drastic changes to a nurse or physician
- Perform nursing procedures such as administering medications, changing bandage dressing, or checking temperatures
- Ensure patients are comfortable in bed; adjust bed settings and/or reposition/turn patient as needed
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit
- Assist patient with any daily exercises, physical therapy, or mobilization efforts patient has been prescribed
- Other duties as assigned
- One of the following is required:
- STNA (State Tested Nurse Aide)
- CNA (Certified Nurse Aide)
- OR currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program and has completed one clinical nursing course and/or one clinical rotation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association (preferred upon hire, must obtain from approved source prior to direct patient care)
- Recent experience in acute care, physician's office, home health/hospice, or long-term care facility, with a preference for the setting in which they are applying (preferred, not required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses problem-solving skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Ability to be proactive in a rapidly changing environment
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN - Registered Nurse - Progressive Care Unit - FT Nights Mechanicsville, Virginia
- RN - Registered Nurse - Progressive Care Unit - FT Days Mechanicsville, Virginia
- RN - Registered Nurse - Med Tele Unit - FT Days Mechanicsville, Virginia