LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse-Ortho/Joint Unit
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse-Ortho/Joint UnitRequisition R129244 Market Richmond, Virginia Department Med/Surg Orthopedic Unit (Joints) - St. Mary's Richmond Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
St. Mary's Hospital
LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse-Ortho/Joint Unit
**$5,000 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates**
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Acute Care –Ortho/Joint-St. Mary's Hospital
The LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) delivers safe and efficient care to patients using nursing interventions. The LPN is responsible for general clinical and clerical duties associated with direct and indirect patient care.
- Gives direct nursing care and assists with care of the patient at the direction of a Registered Nurse, Licensed Physician, Physician Assistant, or Advanced Practice Nurse
- Implements the plan of care by providing direct basic nursing care in accordance with the LPN scope of practice
- Performs phlebotomy services
- Contributes to the plan of care with input from patient/family and other members of the healthcare team
- Administers ordered medications and treatments, such as wound dressing changes and asthma treatment, prescribed by a Licensed Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner while using appropriate medical equipment as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED
- Completion of an accredited LPN (Licensed Practical Nursing) Program
- Current state licensure as an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association (preferred, not required)
- One year of clinical patient care experience (e.g., PCT, CNA, LPN) in an acute care setting, long-term care facility, or physician practice (preferred, not required)
- EPIC Electronic Health Record (EHR) training (preferred, not required)
- Completion of Basic Arrhythmia class with a passing grade on exam (required for Telemetry/Remote Telemetry units)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Med/Surg Orthopedic Unit (Joints) - St. Mary's Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN - Registered Nurse - Progressive Care Unit - FT Nights Mechanicsville, Virginia
- RN - Registered Nurse - Progressive Care Unit - FT Days Mechanicsville, Virginia
- RN - Registered Nurse - Med Tele Unit - FT Days Mechanicsville, Virginia