Lead PhlebotomistRequisition R072267 Market Richmond, VA Department Outreach Lab - St. Mary's Hospital - Richmond Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Supervise the day-to-day operations of Patient Care Center(s) and or the physician office practice phlebotomists. This includes evaluating work of subordinates, assigning work, resolving problems, and performing specimen collection and/or processing functions in assigned area or shift. Regularly perform duties of Patient Care Center Technician. Duties are performed in a customer focused, courteous and efficient manner.
1. Work requires a high school level of knowledge in several subjects in order to maintain records, prepare reports and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with staff, patients, physicians and physicians' offices. Ability to employ tact and courtesy at all times to patients, visitors, co-workers and other hospital personnel ensuring excellent service delivery skills.
2. Work requires basic computer skills to include use of monitor, keyboard and printers. Knowledge should be at a level generally acquired during 3 to 6 months of on-the-job training and/or experience.
3. Work requires knowledge of special phlebotomy techniques, as well as non-complex clinical laboratory procedures. Must have a thorough knowledge of laboratory procedures, testing and billing. This level is usually acquired through 6 to 12 months of experience or completion of a phlebotomy training program.
4. Basic knowledge of ICD-10 diagnostic coding and an understanding of various insurance plans at a level generally acquired during 3 to 6 months of on-the-job training.
5. As a condition for continued employment, all laboratory employees are required to certify annually that they have read and agree to comply with the current version of the Laboratory Corporate Responsibility Program, as evidenced by successful completion of a Bon Secours Laboratory Compliance Training Post Test.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Outreach Lab - St. Mary's Hospital - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse