Epic Application CoordinatorRequisition R047675 Market Richmond, VA Department SS I&T - EHR Operations Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Epic Application Coordinator (AC) participates in the development and design the application(s) for which the incumbent is responsible and is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the application(s). The AC will be knowledgeable about organizational policies, procedures and business operations, and the area of business they are representing and the functionality available in the application(s). Under the supervision of the Lead Application Coordinator, the AC will communicate with vendor’s installation team, review the software, analyze business operations, work with vendor and end users to tailor the system to the organization, and often participate in the initial training of end users. The incumbent will participate in current state mapping and future state workflows development, application design and development, testing support, issues resolution application integration, implementation and ongoing support activities. The AC will perform in-depth analyses of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of vendor software. The AC will be responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with vendor applications and will assess implementation strategies and the impact those strategies will have on workflows and operations. The incumbent will actively participate in all Enterprise Design, Build, Validate (DBV) sessions together with local systems specific Build, Design, Validate (BDV) sessions.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in the Health Sciences (Nursing, Medicine, etc.) or in Information
Systems. Candidates who do not meet this requirement may be considered if they have achieved applicable certifications and
requisite work experience.
2. Clinical or operational experience in the area related to the application
3. Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology
4. Superior goal accomplishment skills
5. Demonstrated workflow process analysis and design
6. Demonstrated facilitation/training skills
7. Strong assertiveness skills, ability to manage conflict in a variety of situations
8. Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation
9. Superior organizational and people management skills
10. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
11. Demonstrated ability to align and motivate key process stakeholders, including nurses, physicians, and other
12. Demonstrated ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
13. Achievement of Application Certification within 120 days of employment
14. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, email, intranet, internet, and other systems
1. Standardization and implementation of an ERP is highly desirable
2. Epic certification in the application being represented
3. Demonstrated application design and implementation skills
4. Experience in Epic installations
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS I&T - EHR Operations
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN