CT Technologist - $1500 SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLERequisition R078197 Market Richmond, VA Department Radiology - Diagnostic - St. Mary's - Richmond Shift Evenings/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide acceptable quality CT procedures on computed tomography equipment.
This position serves the following patient populations: neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
II. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Graduate of 24 month program in radiologic technology.
3. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) in radiography or radiation therapy or in nuclear medicine technology by
the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
4. Basic computer knowledge.
III. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs the following technically oriented functions which include, but not limited to:
a. Transfers and positions patients.
b. Applies proper immobilization devices.
c. Sets, adjusts, manipulates, and controls a variety of electronic equipment to obtain CT diagnostic images as required.
d. Administers contrast media with supervision by a Radiologist.
e. Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
f. Is cognizant of patient's suspected pathology as reported by an M.D. Analyzes patients general body size, general physical condition, age, and any abnormalities, in order to determine proper electronic and technical factors. Reviews chart and abstracts clinical and laboratory data pertinent to the diagnosis, and reports to the Radiologist before performing the examination.
g. Maintains an awareness of patient's physical and emotional condition,
recognizes and reports adverse reactions. Assists in cases requiring medical attention.
h. assists the Radiologist in procedures requiring sterile techniques.
i. Operates all equipment properly and with care. Responds immediately to any malfunctions, necessary adjustments, or repairs.
j. Emergency call-back as required.
2. 2. Competently performs all Ct procedures without requiring continuous supervision.
3. Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA standards.
4. Assures that all procedures are properly ordered and imaged per prescription and protocol.
5. Assures accurate information on patient images.
6. Assures exams are tracked and verified ASAP.
7. Assures exams and supplies are charged within 24 hours.
8. Properly identifies patients before procedures.
9. Is involved in obtaining a Pre-Procedure Checklist , to include a time out and site marking if needed, on all sedation and high risk patients.
9. Directs, supervises and evaluates the activities of student radiographers
as assigned for training
10. Follows the National Patient Safety Goals to improve safety for all patients.
11 Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Sets
up and adjusts radiation protective shielding and special screening
required for maximum protection in accordance with appropriate report of
National Council on Radiation Protection relating to medical uses of
ionizing radiation and appropriate state laws
12. Follows patient safety and infection control policies.
13. Labels all solutions and medications out of their original container on and off the sterile field per hospital policy.
14. Has basic understanding of the Radiology Information System, PACS, Hospital Information System, and Pacscube
15. Reports immediately any malfunction, necessary adjustments or repairs of equipment to supervisor
16. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in Radiology. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Radiology - Diagnostic - St. Mary's - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse