ChaplainRequisition 132900BR Market Richmond, VA Department SS Mission Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Staff Chaplain is a pastoral professional whose primary function is to assess the pastoral needs of a particular situation and to offer appropriate pastoral care to the patient, family or staff involved. The Staff Chaplain also promotes the integration of pastoral care into the life of the organization, particularly through the development and leadership of prayer services and involvement with various committees/task forces. The Staff Chaplain will minister to persons of varied religious beliefs, ages and cultures, assisting patients/families/staff in drawing upon their spiritual resources as an important element of holistic care.
- Masters in Divinity, Theology, or related field from a seminary or graduate school accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. Equivalency may be considered in rare situations
- Four (4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' Committee on Certification and Accreditation, or the Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education (CAPPE). Equivalency for one (1) unit of CPE may be considered.
- Ordination, licensure, or commissioning to pastoral ministry. Endorsement stating good standing within one's faith tradition or community must be maintained
- Certification by and continued membership in any one (or more) of the following professional organizations: · American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC) · Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) · Association of Professional Chaplains ( APC) · National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) · Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education (CAPPE) · National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC)5. Board certified status or moving toward certification by any of the certifying agencies previously named within two years of hire date
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook and demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn new computer programs applicable to position.
- Superior skills in interpersonal communication, including training in crisis intervention.
- Education, training and/or experience in patient counseling with skill in dealing with ethical, religious and spiritual dimensions of loss, illness, bereavement, and other areas relevant to ministry in the clinical setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Ethical and Religious Directives of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, medical ethics, and issues common to end-of-life decision-making.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN