System Flex Traveling RN
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
System Flex Traveling RNRequisition R139864 Market Portsmouth, Virginia Department SS Nursing - Workforce Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Our associates are the heart of our ministry. And we know, now more than ever, nurses are seeking opportunities that best support their needs – so they can work how they want and continue to grow their careers. It’s why we’re proud to offer our Bon Secours Mercy Health Nursing Flex Team, to help our
nurses grow, professionally and personally.
Tier 3 - System Flex Team traveler Registered Nurse (RN)
A Tier 3 - System Flex Team Traveler Registered Nurse (RN) is expected to be assigned to various sites throughout the Bon Secours Mercy Health System to provide patient care promoting and restoring patients’ health through the nursing process through the relevant Standards and Scope of Practice for the Registered Nurse by analyzing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care following established patient care standards for Bon Secours Mercy Health; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members as assigned. The RN is responsible to the Clinical Manager for the assigned Department. System Flex Team Registered Nurse is hired with the expectation and understanding they must float to assigned sites within the Bon Secours Mercy Health System outside of their home market.
Our System Flex Team consists of the following locations:
Maryview Medical Center in Portsmouth, VA
Mary Immaculate Hospital in Newport News, VA
Memorial Regional Medical Center in Richmond, VA
Southampton Memorial Hospital in Franklin, VA
The Jewish Hospital in Cincinnati, OH
Anderson Hospital in Cincinnati, OH
West Hospital in Cincinnati, OH
Lourdes Hospital in Paducah, KY
Marcum and Wallace Hospital in Irvine, KY
St Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital in Youngstown, OH
St Anne Hospital in Toledo, OH
St Vincent Medical Center in Toledo, OH
St Rita's Medical Center in Lima, OH
St Francis - Downtown in Greenville, SC
Springfield Regional Medical Center in Springfield, OH
Don't see a specific location listed? Apply to connect with a recruiter and discuss additional locations.
Summary of Primary Function
- System Flex Team Registered Nurse is hired with the expectation and understanding they must float to assigned sites within the Bon Secours Mercy Health System outside of their home market
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment to include psychosocial, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by the Bon Secours Mercy Health System facility’s policies, procedures, or protocols
- Formulates and implements a plan of care for each patient which includes interventions, evaluation of response to interventions and documentation as appropriate to condition and age.
- Delivers care with appropriate age and cultural competence that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team incorporating professional practice model into the care delivery
- Demonstrates awareness of and supports Bon Secours Mercy Health departmental and operating unit goals through participation in continuous quality improvement and departmental activities as a patient advocate.
- Maintains in good standing current RN licensure and required certifications
- • Knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and future innovations
- • Nursing judgment and skill based on principles of the biological, physical, behavioral, and social sciences
- • Application of the nursing process in patient care delivery
- • Coordination of patient care delivery
- • Evaluation of professional nursing practice to optimize goals and outcomes
- • Health teaching and health promotion
- • Patient advocacy and partnership
- • Inter-professional collaboration and leadership
- • Understanding and utilization of office and clinical technologies
- • Compassionate, relationship-based approach to help find meaning in illness, suffering, pain, and existence
- • Integration of quality improvement, evidence based practices and research in practice
- • Accountability for professional actions
- • Effective stewardship of available resources
- • Conflict management and resilience
- • Authority for delegating activities to others, while remaining responsible and accountable for outcomes
- BLS Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (preferred)
- Current nursing licensure in good standing in the state of practice, and all other states where license is held.
- Associate of Nursing or Diploma in Nursing (required)
- Bachelors of Science, nursing (preferred)
- One year as a Registered Nurse, minimum with nursing experience in specialty
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:SS Nursing - Workforce
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN - Registered Nurse - Med Tele Unit - FT Weekend Nights Mechanicsville, Virginia
- RN - Registered Nurse - Vascular Access - PRN Days Mechanicsville, Virginia
- PCT in ED Kilmarnock, Virginia