Registered Nurse (RN ) HOSPICE PRN
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN ) HOSPICE PRNRequisition R076035 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
THE MISSION OF BON SECOURS HOSPICE IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, QUALITY HEALTHCARE SERVICES TO THOSE IN NEED, INCLUDING THE POOR AND DYING, FOR THE PURPOSE OF ALLEVIATING HUMAN SUFFERING AND BRINGING PEOPLE TO WHOLENESS IN THE MIDST OF PAIN AND LOSS.
GREAT TEAM, GREAT MENTORING AND SUPPORT AND GREATBENEFITS. DISCOVERA CAREER WHERE YOU CAN BE YOU!
SERVICE COVERAGE THROUGHOUT HAMPTON ROAD
This position is responsible for planning, providing, and evaluating care for terminally ill patients, assessing patient and family physical, functional and psychosocial needs and facilitates a plan of care in conjunction with the IDG in for patient’s and families in their home, skilled nursing facility or residential care facility. The RN Case Manager endeavors to utilize teaching, assessment, and intervention skills to provide comfort care and maximize the quality of life for the patients and families. All employees, if applicable, are expected to adhere to the BSHR Automobile Safety Program per policy
Provide RN Case Management for assigned case load of Hospice patients, providing routine and as needed visits.
- Assess and reassess patient and family care needs, being aware of the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects and gather data on social, economic and cultural factors which may influence health, well-being and quality of life.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Group Meetings every two weeks and as needed. Attend daily patient care huddles.
- Develop, implement and revise initial written plan of care with Interdisciplinary collaboration weekly or as the needs and conditions of the patient/family change.
- Provide direct care to patients as prescribed in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care in order to maintain the highest level of comfort and quality of life and assuming primary responsibility for patient’s care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective management of pain and other symptoms.
- Assist patients, family members or caregivers with concern and empathy; respect confidentially and privacy and communicate in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Participate in the hospice Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program and embrace the mission and philosophy in the delivery of care.
- Develop and update the Hospice Aide plan of care prior to the provision of aide services. Provide indirect/direct supervision of the assigned hospice aide services and adherence to the plan of care at least every 15 days.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Degree preferred.
2. Current licensure to the practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
3. Current CPR certification
4 Valid Virginia Driver License and an acceptable driving record
5. At least one year of nursing experience preferably in hospice, home health, med-surge or ICU.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Hospice Care - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Richmond Float Team - PRN Richmond, Virginia
- Compensation Consultant Illinois, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Mississippi, Missouri, Michigan, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Vermont, Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana
- Office Assistant Richmond, Virginia