Echo TechRequisition R094531 Market Portsmouth, Virginia Department Cardiology Associates Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
Eligible for Relocation
Participates in the co-ordination and delivery of services to inpatients and outpatients.
Verifies orders, reviews the patient electronic medical record to obtain a history of symptoms in order to validate indications for testing, explains procedure to patient, and ensures patient privacy and comfort.
Performs echocardiogram procedures in accordance with department procedures. This includes 2 dimensional /3 dimensional imaging of the heart and cardiac valves, large vessels; M mode, PW & CW Doppler; and color flow. The echosonographer will assist cardiologist with TEE (transesophageal echocardiograms) and cardiac stress echocardiograms.
Performs non-invasive vascular testing in accordance with department procedures. This includes upper and lower peripheral venous duplex imaging; upper and lower peripheral arterial evaluations, including segmental pressure, PPG and PVR; extracranial carotid duplex imaging; visceral duplex imaging; intra-operative duplex imaging; vein mappings; and skin perfusion pressure in accordance with department procedures.
Prepares preliminary reports for review and interpretation by reading physician.
Performs daily order verification and charge capture.
Adheres to the standards of the National Patient Safety Goals.
PATIENT CARE/EVALUATION OF EXAM
• Interacts positively with patients/families, co-workers, and physicians
• Provides information to patients to reduce anxiety and promote comfort.
• Orients patients to test procedures.
• Interacts and works under the direction of multiple physicians
• Provides manager with timely information.
• Demonstrates competent use of a variety of computer functions.
• Enters data electronic medical record.
• Performs clerical duties as needed.
• Enters appropriate procedure charges.
• Enters appropriate data into CPACS.
EDUCATION OF NEW STAFF/STUDENTS
• Assist in the orientation of new staff or cross training staff in noninvasive cardiovascular ultrasound techniques, and procedures.
• Supervises and evaluates students as part of their clinical education.
• Directly supervises any portion of an examination performed by students.
• Graduate of an approved Diagnostic Ultrasound Program
• Registered or registry eligible through ARDMS.
• Current CPR certification
Preferred: Registered credential for Echo and Vascular through ARDMS.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse