CNA - Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (PCU)Requisition R041702 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (PCU) - Maryview Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
MARYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
The Nursing Assistant, under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, is responsible for providing quality patient care, which includes knowledge of physical, psychological, social, cultural, spiritual, and developmental factors of patients served, is family-centered and based on the philosophy of Bon Secours. As a member of the care delivery team, assists the professional nursing staff in providing patient care necessary for comfort, hygiene, simple treatments, data collection, and documentation requiring little or no variance in routine. Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as requested by Charge Nurse.
1. Completion of a Certified Nursing Aide training program and State certification as Nurse Aide or completion of 2nd semester nursing program.
2. Some experience is preferred.
3. CPR certified
4. Able to speak, write, read, and comprehend English.
5. Has demonstrated familiarity with medical equipment, patient charts, medical terminology, and documentation procedures.
6. Near visual acuity is required for accurate reading of gauges and thermometer and for recording information on patient charts.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (PCU) - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN