OR Specialty Coordinator RN - Southside Medical Center
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
OR Specialty Coordinator RN - Southside Medical CenterRequisition R091635 Market Petersburg, VA Department Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Provides direct and indirect patient care in surgical specialties of General, Gynecologic, Orthopaedic, Otolaryngology, Neurosurgical, Plastic, Oral, Vascular, Thoracic, Urological, and Cardiac utilizing the nursing process and current clinical knowledge to provide professional nursing care for all patients in the surgical unit. Utilizes advanced knowledge and experience to assess the health needs of patients, collaborates with health team members to coordinate patient care, anticipates the outcomes of nursing interventions and sets criteria for the quality of patient care. Provides patient and staff education, clinical supervision, and assesses the need for and implements unit/specialty based activities (quality improvement, inservices, etc.) Accepts responsibility and accountability for ethical/legal behavior. Participates in unit management activities (i.e. scheduling, budget issues, counseling) provides supervision for staff as needed, and assumes an increasing leadership responsibility for professional practice in the unit. May act in a Supervisor or Managerial capacity as needed. This position services the following populations: neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity.
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Previous experience in the Perioperative setting with one to two years experience in Perioperative Nursing. Expertise in the specialty area of interest preferred.
- Ability to teach and use group processes. This position services the following populations: neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Operating Room - Southside RMC - Petersburg
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse (RN) - 4th Floor Surgical Telemetry - FT Nights - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia
- Registered Nurse (RN) - 4th Floor Surgical Telemetry - FT Days - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia
- Clinical Coordinator - Cath Lab - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia