Associate Health RN - PRN
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Associate Health RN - PRNRequisition R100038 Market Paducah, Kentucky Shift Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Associate Health PRN Registered Nurse provides services for assigned Bon Secours Mercy Health associates according to Bon Secours Mercy Health policies and procedures, professional standards, federal regulations and CDC recommendations. Services include but are not limited to pre-employment follow-up, employee immunization program, respiratory protection program, accommodation and transitional work program, communicable disease screening and exposure management. The Associate Health RN works closely in collaboration and referral with Human Resources partners for fitness for duty, substance use, and leave of absence, the Worker's Compensation program for employee injury management, and Health and Wellness for program referral and coordination.
Perform appropriate follow-up on any exposure to assure regulatory compliance and proper treatment of affected employees with exposures to blood borne pathogen exposures and communicable disease exposures. Non-exempt staff provide coverage for associate health duties as needed, which may require work greater than 24 hours, per operational need. “Must have reliable transportation and be able to float between BSMH sites, as needed.”
- Participates in direct service delivery, including but not limited to immunizations, TB screening, color discrimination testing, respirator fit testing, communicable and blood borne exposure management.
- Organizes testing and immunization programs to include Hepatitis B, influenza and respirator fit testing. May be required to transport closed sharps containers when traveling for immunization clinics.
- Provides pre-service volunteer TB screening and volunteer influenza immunizations.
- Collaborates with: Associate Health Medical Director, Infection Prevention to prevent the spread of communicable disease between patients and staff, ergonomic staff for referrals and program interventions, well-being team for referrals and consultations.
- Coordinates transitional return to work program and ADA process.
- Collaborates with third party administrator for coordination of care for employees with work related injuries and successful return to work and for OSHA log management. Reviews employee injury event reports and coordinates follow-up with managers where safety or work practice needs exist.
- Collaborates with managers and Absence Management Specialists for needs related to leave of absence to include FMLA, MLOA, PLOA and ADA leave as accommodation.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
Required: BSN, Registered Nurse currently licensed by the State of Kentucky
Preferred: COHN certification
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Competent in computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of patient care practices and adult learning principles. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Knowledge of immunization practices for adults. Must be familiar with applicable OSHA, state health department, CDC, Joint Commission, ADA, and FMLA regulations and recommendations as applicable to Associate Health.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: Ability to work in fast paced environment and prioritize job duties. Ability to work independently.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse ( RN ) - Acute Oncology ( Med Surg ) - Bon Secours St. Francis Health System Greenville, South Carolina
- Bon Secours St. Francis - 2021 Nurse Extern Program Greenville, South Carolina
- Medical Lab Tech/Medical Lab Scientist Emporia, Virginia