Cancer Registry AbstractorRequisition 131579BR Market Norfolk, VA Department Cancer Registry - Hampton Roads Shared Services Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
BON SECOURS HAMPTON ROADS CANCER REGISTRY
DEPAUL MEDICAL CENTER - NORFOLK, VA
Contributes to the efficient operation of the Cancer Registry in compliance with standards of the American College of Surgeons. Collects and Abstracts patient information to meet state and Commission on Cancer regulations on timeliness of abstracting and submission.
1. High School Diploma or GED. 2 Year/ Associates Degree preferred.
2. 2 years of experience.
3. Certified Tumor Registrar, or eligible. Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) preferred. If not CTR, must obtain within 2 years of hire date.
4. Proficient in medical terminology
5. Must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology
6. Ability to use office equipment, including: computer, fax machine, copier
7. Ability to use audiovisual equipment inducing VCR/monitor, slide projector, transparency projector
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Cancer Registry - Hampton Roads Shared Services
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN