Surgical Assistant (Bonus Eligible!)Requisition R075704 Market Newport News, Virginia Department Inpatient Surgery - Mary Immaculate Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Surgical Assistants with at least one (1) year of experience may be eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus with 2-year commitment. Additionally, New Grad Surgical Assistants may be eligible for a $2,500 sign on bonus with a 2-year commitment. Rules & Regulations Apply – Ask a recruiter for details!
The primary responsibility of this position is that of a team member in the provision of care to the patient undergoing a surgical procedure.The team member functions in the assistant role during procedures, under supervision of the MD, and performs duties which include but are not limited to, providing exposure, assisting with hemostasis, skin closure, and other technical tasks.The team member also functions in a variety of other duties, in support of the mission and goals of the department and hospital.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years experience and/or completion of Surgical Assistant program.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Registered with the Virginia Board of Medicine and/or certified or trained in the military. Registration with the Virginia Board of Medicine is required for new employees who were certified or trained in the military. Managers have discretion to consider applicants who can demonstrate eligibility to become certified with the NBSTSA, NSAA, or NCCSA and/or registered in Virginia within 2 years of hire.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Inpatient Surgery - Mary Immaculate
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse