RN - Registered Nurse - Operating Room
Newport News, Virginia
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN - Registered Nurse - Operating RoomRequisition R124121 Market Newport News, Virginia Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
- Mary Immaculate Hospital - Newport News, VA
- Full Time (Day Shift)
- $15,000 Sign On Bonus (for RNs with at least 1 year of experience)
- NOW OFFERING: Periop 101 Internship Opportunity!
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room (OR) – Mary Immaculate Hospital
The Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN) position is responsible for delivering exceptional nursing care to patients by:
- Utilizing strong organizational and leadership skills to assess patient status
- Determining the priority of the patient’s problems and needs
- Implementing clinical nursing interventions to acute, critical patients that require intensive medical care
- Developing and performing patient care plans to enhance and improve outcomes
- Ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Conduct initial and ongoing patient assessment
- Observes the surgery and surgical team from a broad perspective and assists the team to create and maintain a safe and comfortable environment for the patient
- Responsible for managing the nursing care of the patient within the OR and coordinating the needs of the surgical team with other care providers
- Provides pre-op, intra-op, and post-op care, including assessment and discharge instructions
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Associates degree or Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support (preferred, not required)
- PALS Pediatric Advanced Life Support - American Heart Association (preferred, not required)
- CNOR Certified Perioperative Nurse (preferred, not required)
- SGNA Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (preferred, not required)
- Two years of RN experience in Critical Care Department (preferred, not required)
- Completion of OR internship program (preferred, not required)
- Successful completion of Peri-op 101 (preferred, not required)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Gift Shop Coordinator - Southampton Memorial Hospital - Full Time Franklin, Virginia
- RN - Registered Nurse - Chester Emergency Department - FT Mids Midlothian, Virginia
- Patient Care Tech PRN Nights Midlothian, Virginia