FLOOR TECH POSITIONS - MARY IMMACULATE HOSPITAL (Evergreen)Requisition R063466 Market Newport News, VA Department Environmental Services - Mary Immaculate Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Floor Tech is responsible for stripping, waxing, scrubbing, buffing and shampooing floors with heavy duty equipment. Daily work is floor care and general housekeeping. Reports maintenance related items for repair and practices good safety habits.
Essential Job Functions
- Sweeps, mops, shampoos, vacuums, waxes and buffs floors. Scrubs/strips floors to remove all soil and finish to the base of floor material. Performs regular cleaning functions following established schedules and using prescribed methods. Follows universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and uses personal protective equipment as needed. Utilizes, dilutes, stores, transports and disposes of chemicals according to manufacturer specifications and department procedures. Reports safety hazards as appropriate. Performs minor repairs on EVS equipment, if applicable.
- Assists in cleaning of emergency spills; Keeps housekeeping storage clean. Moves heavy furniture and equipment. Cleans equipment and reports the need for repairs of equipment, furniture, building and fixtures. Works safely with equipment.
- Removes recycling and trash from buildings. May be asked to perform Environmental Services Tech functions. Assures that appropriate supplies are maintained in a cost effective manner.
- Attends all mandatory and assigned meetings. Enhanced growth and development through in-service and educational programs.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak
- English clearly and be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Some mechanical aptitude is required to operate and maintain equipment.
- Some experience in hospital environmental services is preferred
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Environmental Services - Mary Immaculate
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse