Unit Secretary - Full Time - Memorial Regional Medical CenterRequisition R099185 Market Mechanicsville, Virginia Department Coronary Care Unit (CCU) 2 - Memorial Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The Unit Secretary is responsible for coordinating communications, performing unit receptionist activities, and accountable for routine clerical activities in a nursing unit. The Unit Secretary often fulfills the role of the first interaction visitors and patient in the inpatient unit. The interaction between the Unit Secretary and other members is key to ensuring a safe, patient centered work environment.
- Ensure call lights and telephone are answered in timely. Responds to call lights and patient needs. Assists with meal tray delivering when necessary.
- Answers phone calls and questions from patients/clients, visitors, volunteers, medical staff, and co-workers. Provides assistance, guidance, and direction to visitors, patients/families, employees and other departments as necessary.
- Completes inpatient call backs as directed by management.
- Performs checks to notify consulting physicians of inpatient consults as needed. Schedules discharge follow up appointments. Assists in recording traumas and codes within the facility.
- Prefer at least 6 months previous medical experience or healthcare experience in a hospital or physician office setting. Competency in medical terminology.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Coronary Care Unit (CCU) 2 - Memorial
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse