Ed Technician AdvancedRequisition R079340 Market Mechanicsville, VA Department Emergency Department - Memorial Shift Evenings/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
- The Emergency Department Technician, Advanced, performs under the direction of the Registered Nurse and is responsible for providing quality patient care which utilizes knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, is appropriate to the age of the patients served, is family-centered and based on the philosophy of Bon Secours Health System.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current EMT-Paramedic Certification or EMT-I with ACLS.
- Must possess and maintain a current BCLS Certification and ACLS Certification (must have ACLS certification within 90 days of hire)
- Proficient in phlebotomy
- Experience with the use of computers and nursing equipment required
- 3+ years of healthcare experience strongly preferred
Essential Job Functions
- The Emergency Department Technician, Advanced assists the physician and nursing staff with patient care. This is inclusive of, but not limited to: BLS functions such as obtaining vital signs, applying splints - while ensuring patient understands their use, dressing wounds, and transporting patients.
- Performs Advanced Life Support (ALS) patient care to include IV access, lab draws, ECG’s, and transport of monitored stable patients to Telemetry after RN transfer assessment. Transports and remains with any patient requiring a monitor during any testing/procedure outside of the ED (i.e. CT, MRI, Vascular, Nuclear Medicine, etc). Recognizes the need for, and initiates ACLS protocols, when required, while transporting monitored patients (i.e. early defibrillation, etc.).
- Participates in various emergency situations to include suctioning, insertion of oral or nasal airways and maintenance of same, and responding to Code Blue situations.
- Maintains knowledge of all policies and procedures and communicates these to patients when appropriate.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, problem solve, and be able to resolve conflict while working under considerable stress.
- Assists in documentation of vital signs, procedures, and observations of patients post-procedure. Communicates data and findings to other members of the team.
- Promotes quality by seeking to continually improve the processes and systems to enhance patient care delivery.
- Orients new Emergency Department Technicians as directed by the Nurse Manager and/or ED Educator.
- Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as requested by team leader.
- Provides patient care to Neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics
Other Job Functions
All other duties as assigned.
- The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Works in a patient care area where there is little exposure to dust, dirt, noise and the like.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Emergency Department - Memorial
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse