CSLC Lab Assistant- PRNRequisition R043502 Market Mechanicsville, VA Department Nursing Education - Memorial - Clinical Simulation & Learning Shift Other Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing!
I. Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Programming Coordinator, perform a variety of duties in the preparation and set up of the Clinical Simulation & Learning Center (CSLC); to clean and maintain assigned equipment; and to receive and maintain an inventory of Skills Lab equipment and supplies.
II. Employment Qualifications
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Has the ability to operate, maintain and clean CSLC equipment, supplies and materials,
* Has the ability to maintain a variety of files and records.
* Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
* Has sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of student, staff and clients of the CSLC.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Welcome and support guests arriving at the Clinical Simulation & Learning Center.
2. Maintains security of the lab area.
3. Work with CSLC faculty & staff to ensure that CSLC Labs have an adequate stock of materials, equipment and supplies.
4. Reports damage of media or hardware to the designated person.
5. Performs set up and take down of equipment and supplies needed for skill sessions.
6. In learning events requiring cadavers, specimens will be handled in a manager consistent with both internal policies and all external regulatory bodies. Human specimens will be treated in a caring and respectful manner consistent with the mission and values of Bon Secours.
7. Performs routine maintenance on human patient simulators.
8. Resupplies, maintains, and keeps lab areas in order.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Nursing Education - Memorial - Clinical Simulation & Learning
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN