Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) - Operating Room - Southampton Medical Center
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) - Operating Room - Southampton Medical CenterRequisition R102149 Market Franklin, Virginia Department Operating Room - Southampton - Franklin Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of appropriate to the ages of patients served.
2. Responsible for delivery of perioperative nursing care to surgical patients.
3. Maintains aseptic and safe environment in the Operating Room.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in all three perioperative nursing roles: Circulator/Scrub and First Assistant roles.
II. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Licensed in the State of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity.
3. Demonstrated competency in circulating, scrubbing, and first assisting.
4. Minimum of three (3) years OR experience with at least one (1) year as a First Assistant.
5. RNs wishing to advance to this level must provide two letters of recommendation from physicians attesting to their ability to function in the First Assistant Role.
6. CPR certification.
7. Completion of an RN First Assistant course or equivalent experience.
8. CNOR/CRNFA preferred.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Operating Room - Southampton - Franklin
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse ( RN ) - Acute Oncology ( Med Surg ) - Bon Secours St. Francis Health System Greenville, South Carolina
- Application Coordinator - Cadence/ADT (Remote - US) Virginia,
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia