Phlebotomist - PRNRequisition R052599 Market Franklin, VA Department Laboratory - Clinical - Southampton - Franklin Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Performs phlebotomy and other specimen collection. Uses LIS and HIS to conduct functions related to phlebotomy, patient registration, order entry, result look-up and report generation and specimen receiving and preparation. Answers phone and forwards appropriate problems to proper area.
Essential Job Functions
- Obtains blood specimens by venipuncture. Draws blood in proper tube. Accurately labels and records all test tubes. Collects nasal smears, glucose tolerance, and urines. Collects Chain of Custody urine drug screens and performs alcohol testing. Greets, meets, and explains procedure to patient and maintain professional relationship. Use customer service skills at all times. Follows up on any concerns.
- Maintains required records, reports, and statistics as directed. Logs procedures for workload. May be responsible for maintaining databases, following up on new orders and renewals. Takes inventory and stocks supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times
- Performs specimen processing, centrifugation and specimen separation. May prepare specimens for reference lab send-outs.
- May perform phlebotomy at outreach sites as assigned, e.g. Nursing homes. Submits daily record of draws and miles and cumulative mileage report.
- Performs waived testing such as whole blood glucose whole blood PT/INR
- Maintains working area in sanitary condition. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Performs various clerical and computer duties: such as answering the telephone, relaying and faxing test results, taking messages, ordering tests into laboratory computer system, generates computer specimen labels and collection lists.
Certification from a nationally recognized Phlebotomy Association such as ASPT or ASCP; or certification from an approved phlebotomy collegiate program preferred. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Laboratory - Clinical - Southampton - Franklin
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN