Associate Director, Nursing Program-FT-Day-Southside College of Health ScienceRequisition R045797 Market Colonial Heights, VA Department Hospital Administration - Southside School of Nursing - Petersburg Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Provide operational leadership and responsibility for the nursing program systemic plan of evaluation, curriculum development/revision, admissions process, and support for faculty.The Associate Director will be allotted 0.5 FTE for administrative duties and will carry the remaining workload in teaching assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote a healthy work environment that supports the mission and values of the College.
- Participate in College and program activities. Assume responsibility in the absence of the Program Director. Assume leadership responsibility for the systematic plan of evaluation to include organization, development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the plan in order to ensure ongoing program accreditation and approval.
- Assist the program director in the recruitment, interviewing, and determination of faculty for employment. Participate in evaluation of faculty performance.
- Develop and recommend faculty workload assignments to program director for final approval.Lead program admission processes in alignment with College policy and accreditation standards.
- Monitor student progression within the program; assess and recommend resources to support student success.
- Serve on college, health system, state committees and boards. Collaborate and build relationships with other colleges, committees, boards, and community stakeholders.
- Promote and maintain collaborative relationships with Bon Secours health system leadership, cooperating agencies, other Bon Secours Richmond Higher Education institutions.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with state regulatory requirements and programmatic and institutional accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate expertise in teaching; fulfill criteria commensurate with faculty rank; and provide teaching as assigned in keeping with the expectations of the faculty role description.
- Maintain current knowledge of collegiate nursing education and professional nursing practice.
- This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Reports to Vice President Professional Schools.
Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university (NLNAC, CCNE)
1. 5 years experience as a registered nurse in a clinical practice environment
2. 3 years experience teaching in a registered nurse pre-licensure nursing program
3. Mastery of principles and practice of nursing and adult education
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Master’s in Adult Nursing Education
PhD or DNP in Nursing
1. Previous leadership/management experience
2. Experience with academic assessment and accrediting process pertinent to nursing
Current, unrestricted license to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact Licensure Agreement.
Current BLS certification for Health Care Providers.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Hospital Administration - Southside School of Nursing - Petersburg
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse