Temporary - RecruiterRequisition R072070 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Human Resources - Talent Acquisition Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Temporary Remote Recruiter opening.
Under the direction of the Talent Acquisition Supervisor, the Recruiter will be responsible for cultivating professional relationships to source, recruit and hire for roles such as Clinical Nurses, Clinical Managers/Directors and other nursing related positions. The nurse recruiter drives the process and assures the best candidate is hired within the full lifecycle of recruitment.
Essential Job Function:
- The Recruiter is responsible for Service Excellence throughout the recruitment cycle. They act as a brand ambassador for the client focused on delivering exceptional talent while providing proactive and timely communication on the status of the search. They serve as subject matter expert in talent acquisition and provide consultative direction and industry expertise to hiring leaders.
- Maintains understanding and knowledge of organization’s staffing, recruitment and retention initiatives and unit-specific staffing matrices. Implements creative recruitment tactics that attract new and experienced staff; aware of local, state, and national labor and recruitment trends; develops short and long range plans. Implements best practices for recruitment and retention. Develops effective recruitment plans to fill open positions within scope of responsibility with quality candidates.
- Actively screens applicants/resumes. Conducts candidate screens, face-to-face interviews and recommends top candidates to hiring managers. Recruits for all Clinical Nurse, Manager and Director level positions. Analyzes internal equity determining compensation rates. Effectively negotiates and extends hiring offers.
- Tracks and trends vacancy, turnover rates and productivity measures for departments and service-lines within area of responsibility. Meets routinely with Department Managers to plan and anticipate needs based on business development strategies and changes in patient care delivery; collaborates with Department Manager to coach and assist in developing a plan for filling positions identified.
- Meets Recruiter productivity goals (for example, offer accepts, time to accpet, 90 day loss rate, 90 day loss count, hiring manager survey).
- Works in collaboration with sites to identify employment needs for positions which fall within area of responsibility. Acts as a liaison between new staff and management to effectively onboard new hires. Coaches managers on presenting their departments to potential candidates and provides recommendations on the retention of staff as needed. Communicates with new staff recruited at 30-60-90 days to identify issues/problems that may be resolved.
- Proactively initiates and maintains relationships with local educational institutions, professional organizations/associations and other job seekers sources and referring organizations related to recruitment portfolio. Helps develop co-op, internship and other programs to source and attract candidates. Serves on boards or committees to identify candidate sources and provide input regarding desired workforce qualifications and attributes. Actively participates in recruiting events, other marketing and media events to promote, sell and attract the best qualified and talented nursing staff.
Required Min Education: Bachelor's Degree: Nursing, Business, related field
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree; Nursing
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
3+ years solid recruitment experience with a focus in nursing required. Experience working in a healthcare setting with multiple regions and/or sites. 1-2 years clinical nursing experience strongly preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Advanced use of staffing tools such as job boards, and social media (CareerBuilder, Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, AACN, etc.)
• High level of understanding of HR concepts, policies and procedures - EEO laws and others related to nurse recruitment
• High understanding of nursing labor market conditions and healthcare workforce
• Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast paced, results-oriented work environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Previous applicant tracking system experience required, Workday preferred
• Excellent time management skills, flexibility and willingness to support multiple functional areas, adapts easy to change
• Ability to deliver results in an ambiguous environment with capacity to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong influencer
• Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
• Advanced negotiation skills
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse