Site Learning SpecialistRequisition R092935 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS I&T - EHR Operations Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The EHR Site Specialist interacts directly with Epic (CarePATH & ConnectCare) end users to identify issues, knowledge gaps and potential improvements with the use of Epic. Provides training, coaching and guidance on best use techniques and improves ability to use system through coaching and identifying inhibitors to understanding how to use Epic. Diagnoses key learning needs and provides one-on-one support. Plans and designs learning experiences and uses expertise in communities of practice, to deliver a variety of training interventions. Design and training is based upon identified needs at both the local system and system-wide levels, aligned with the organization’s strategic goals, quality measures, and patient experience. Partners with IT and build resources to identify and resolve user issues, and provides follow-up to ensure high quality and value added experience. Identifies opportunities to effectively integrate learning within the flow of work which results in positive and measurable clinical & business impacts. Proposes innovative learning solutions, and pilots and implements the approved innovations Tracks trends and identifies needs for learning programs and interventions. Works with group and market leadership to ensure maximum effective use of Epic system. Ensures end users are using the EHR to the highest potential and align workflows to be consistent with collaborative build decisions.
- Delivers assigned Epic training in accordance with onboarding and access management requirement
- Receives, evaluates and prioritizes intake of Epic based requests for assistance or issue resolution
- Utilizes established procedures and experience to determine the nature of the problem and provide solution to customer satisfaction in a timely and accurate manner
- Uses established procedures and tools to help client more effectively use Epic - searching knowledge base learning, recognition, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems.
- Interact with vendors and internal I&T support personnel in troubleshooting and solving problems and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Diagnose learning needs and identify resources to support. Provide one on one support and design learning interventions as needed.
- Maintain detailed records on client work including communication transactions, problems, remedial actions taken, and issue resolution using ServiceNow
- Identify and create ad hoc learning topics associated to system trends, Epic diagnostics (i.e. PEP, NEAT, etc…), and helpful hints and efficiency tips
- Identify possible issues with systems and present opportunities for solutions to be improved by escalating to manager
- Creates and updates knowledge base
- Round in their assigned facility with input from the EHR Manager and site leadership. Rounding will include off shifts occasionally
- Possess detailed understanding of workflows and system configuration, communicate and advocates best practice use of system
- Demonstrated workflow process analysis and design
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills i.e assertive and able to manage conflict in a variety of situations
- Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Work with Epic end users to build, maintain and support clinical systems that drive hospital operations and support safe, effective patient care and processes suitable for computer applications
Required Minimum Education: Associates Degree Specialty/Major: Health Sciences, Education or IT related field
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Specialty/Major: Health Sciences, Education or IT related field
Licensure/CertificationPreferred: Epic Certification
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: Demonstrated experience in use of an EHR (at least 2 years working in a health care environment directly impacting patient care, IT or related services)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Skill in active listening in order to accurately diagnose client issues. Problem solving and “can do” attitude
• Stay current on EHR changes and communications for system changes and end user training needs
• Provides feedback to the EHR team on common themes or issues to better align training tools for end users
• Assists in identifying and supporting activities to better support end user experiences by using data and participating in meetings related to the provider and end user proficiency.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to coach virtually and provide solutions to complicated learning challenges
• Prior working experiences on teams, taking a leadership role when appropriate
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong in order to anticipate challenges
• Ability to see patterns and trends and to identify possible solutions and actions
• Experience in working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Effectively navigate shifting priorities, demands and timelines expert judgment, analytical and problem solving capabilities. Ownership and accountability for assignments and facilitation of follow up activities to resolve issues.
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of information systems, policies and procedures, including application support, operating systems, databases and related IT areas
• Has perspective on the ups and downs, common challenges, and strategies for success.
• Predisposed to being able to see the positive in what is new and different; able to focus on what the system does and, not what it does not do; an agent of change.
• Approaches problems constructively and creatively, with emphasis on how to move the project toward goals.
• Deals effectively with people.
• Shows appreciation for the team’s efforts.
• Able to earn trust and respect within large organization.
• Willingness to do what is required to get the job done.
• Ability to become certified in Epic software application, if determined necessary.
• Establishes deadlines and adheres to them.
• Can put in the time necessary to make the project a success.
• Ability to travel as required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Progressive experience in learning/training
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience in an electronic medical records (EMR) environment.
- Experience with the EMR “go-live” process.
- EPIC EMR experience.
- Proficient in additional Epic applications
- Experience in a health-related setting
☒ Combination of post-secondary education and experience in lieu of a degree.
This section addresses the physical environment in which the employee will perform the work.
Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel.
General office environment.
May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.*
May be required to use physical restraints.
May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.*
May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
May have periods of constant interruptions.
Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
Prolonged periods of working alone.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS I&T - EHR Operations
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse