Associate and Labor Relations SpecRequisition R072805 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Human Resources - HR Services Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The AR/LR Specialist provides timely advice and consultation to support consistent resolution of manager, associate and labor issues in a non-union and unionized settings. This includes providing clear policy interpretation, contract interpretation and administration, performance management guidance, aiding in associate disciplinary actions and investigations where necessary. The AR/LR Specialist will assist associates with any employment concerns, providing quality customer service by resolving inquiries, questions and cases in a consistent, accurate and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handle inbound calls, emails and portal inquiries to identify needs and provide advice, coaching and decision-making on all assigned cases. Capture critical information / key points by using exceptional active listening skills and asking appropriate probing questions.
- Assist managers with diagnosing and resolving issues through proper questioning and risk assessment. Applies HR knowledge, including policy/procedure of the Company, relevant contract and applicable law, to provide consultation that reduces the risk of the Company and builds a positive work environment for the associates.
- Educate managers on lower level risk issues by providing consultation and coaching regarding policy interpretation, collective bargaining agreement interpretation and administration, associate behavior, and performance management
- Maintain a current working knowledge of legal guidelines and Ministry policies and practices in order to provide accurate guidance in response to inquiries, including by researching confidential company records, online knowledge articles and all Ministry policies and procedures and their application.
- Communicate with and influence manager regarding enforcement and consistent application of company policies & procedures, navigation of challenging situations through effective conflict resolution techniques
- Conduct investigations of low-level risk in partnership with Associate Relations Center of Excellence, cross functional partners and HRBP when necessary
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders with differing points of view while maintaining confidentiality of complex and highly sensitive subject matter.
- Handle complex and emotionally charged issues with composure by addressing the situation objectively fact based and remaining unbiased.
- Effectively utilize computer systems to capture the facts, research prior like issues and resolutions; and pull data for risk assessments and trends.
- Initiate the grievance process or review process for an employee concern
- Partner with the Leave of Absence team to gather pertinent information and ensure compliance met for accommodations and leaves of absences.
- Assist the legal department when necessary to pull documents for the defense of any claims.
Required Minimum Education: BS Degree; Human Resources or related field
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: 2-5 years
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Excellent customer service, communications and interpersonal skills. Excellent listening skills and ability to probe based upon responses provided. Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way. Ability to build rapport and communicate challenging information effectively. Skilled at interviewing employees, witnesses and supervisors to gather relevant case information, preparing detailed documentation and maintaining files in preparation for potential future claims. Reasoning ability that includes strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills required. Ability to maintain highly confidential information. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Knowledge of Federal and State Employment Law
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: 2 years of HR experience that involved investigating, researching and resolving manager and associate issues.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Human Resources - HR Services
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse