CARE MANAGER – SOCIAL WORKER – EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Department: CLINICAL RESOURCE MGMT
Shift: Day, Evening
Hours: 10:00am-6:30pm, Rotating Weekends
The Care Manager (CM) provides coordination of care for the patient through facilitation/communication and discharge planning throughout the continuum of care.
The CM is a key contributor to the overall financial, quality and clinical performance. The CM supports an outcomes-oriented patient care delivery system, which places the patient at the center of all activities. The CM assesses all patients on their assigned unit within 24 hours of admission to identify needs for discharge and works with the treatment care team, the patient, and the family (or primary care taker) to establish an acceptable discharge plan of care. The CM is a resource for the patient and family to obtain the necessary resources that they may need regarding their care, treatment and discharge.
The CM works with patients to ensure social and psychosocial needs are met, assists with eligibility determinations for social programs and funding sources, and ensures access to community assistance programs if so needed by the patient. A CM provides a positive financial impact to the organization through extensive interaction with physicians, nurses, and other patient care givers in managing length of stay and limited readmissions. The CM offers crisis intervention to patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinates and facilitates the development of an effective discharge plan of care for all patient populations. The CM also works with the care team to fulfill the goals of the health system by controlling length of stay and readmissions and following isolation protocols to decrease the hospital spread of infection.
1. Bachelor degree or higher required.
2. Experience in a medical office or hospital department setting preferred.
3. Knowledge of various software applications, i.e., Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
4. A Clinical Social Worker (BSW, MSW or LCSW) or a Licensed Registered Nurse (Licensed as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia) is preferred.
5. If a BSW, MSW, or LCSW, prefer employee have experience in the case management field. If a Licenses RN, prefer that employee have clinical experience.
6. If employee has received a license in a clinical setting previously, primary license verification required.
7. The employee must have strong interpersonal communication skills with an ability to work independently, problem solve, and be able to resolve conflict in an assertive manner.
8. The employee must have strong organizational and time management skills as evidenced by a capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
9. Must have or complete the Case Management Certification (ACM or CCM) within three years of employment.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.