RN – MED SURG UNIT – ELIGIBLE FOR STUDENT LOAN HELP/CAREER PATHWAY
Department: MED SURG UNIT
Shift: Evening, Night
Hours: 7:00 PM – 7:00 AM, Rotating Weekends
If you have student loan debt, this position may qualify for Bon Secours to help you pay off your student loans faster. Ask your Recruiter for details!
Focused primarily on developing knowledge and skills. Provides safe patient care at a basic level and shows growth in ability to care for increasingly complex patients. Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school.
2. Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia.
3. Must possess the knowledge of clinical, psychological, and pathophysiological theories related to nursing diagnosis and treatment. Can competently perform the range of nursing techniques found in general nursing practice, as normally acquired through completion of an accredited nursing program.
4. Maintains current CPR certification.
5. Must maintain 10 points annually on the RCH Clinical Advancement Program.
6. Must demonstrate annual competencies in area of practice.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy (SYS.HR.NUR.001) which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.