SHIFT RESOURCE NURSE – NEUROLOGY TELEMETRY
Department: NEUROLOGY TELEMETRY
Hours: 7:00 PM – 7:00 AM, Rotating Weekends
Organizes and administers individualized, professional patient care to patients within an assigned team of the hospital. Provides nursing care as directed by medical staff and in accordance with the objectives, policies, and procedures of the hospital and the state Nurse Practice Act. Maintains established standards of nursing care.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity.
- Must possess the knowledge of clinical, psychosocial, and patho/physiological theories related to nursing diagnosis and treatment and can competently perform the range of nursing techniques found in general nursing practice, as normally acquired through completion of an accredited nursing program.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Must have broad based knowledge of clinical, psychosocial, and patho/physiological theories relating to nursing diagnosis and treatment.
- Possesses the ability to perform the range of nursing techniques found in general nursing practice including the usual and non-routine. Utilizes teaching skills and understanding of group dynamics.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy (SYS.HR.NUR.001) which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.