RN Charge Nurse- Neurology Unit- Eligible for $10K bonus*
Department: NEUROLOGY TELEMETRY
Hours: 7:00 PM – 7:00 AM, Rotating Weekends
The Charge Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse with responsibility and accountability for unit operational activities. Using the Nursing process and clinical knowledge, this role will coordinate nursing and interprofessional members of the Health Care team to develop and sustain an environment that promotes excellence in clinical practice and customer satisfaction, while striving for optimal efficiency and productivity of all resources. Adjusts the schedule and patient assignments to accommodate changes in acuity, patient population, resources and care design. Provides supervision of staff, clinical support, and assumes management responsibility for the unit in the absence of the nurse manager/clinical care leader.
1. 4 year Bachelors Degree in Nursing – BSN must be obtained within 2 years of hire into the position
2. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia
3. Must possess the knowledge of clinical, psychological, and pathophysiological theories related to nursing diagnosis and
treatment, nursing policies & procedures, standards, systems, and equipment normally acquired through 18-24 months of
4. Is minimally a Clinical Nurse II in the Professional Nurse Advancement Program or upon hire to the role must submit a portfolio
at the next eligible submission date. Must have knowledge of/demonstrate management/leadership theories, teaching skills,
and understanding of group dynamics.
5. Previous work experience in the charge nurse position or supervisory position preferred..
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.