Department: EMS OUTREACH
Shift: Day, Evening, Variable
Hours: 8 Hour Shifts, Some Weekends
Under the direction of the Administrative Director of Neuroscience, the EMS Coordinator is responsible for the coordination between the hospital and local agencies providing Emergency Medical Services in the Richmond and Rappahannock metropolitan area. This individual will work collaboratively with area EMS providers and Bon Secours Richmond Hospitals to assure strong relations and increased utilization of hospital services. The position is also responsible for organizing routine continuing education programs for EMS providers, providing QA/PI information and follow ups for EMS providers, ensuring hospital has appropriate equipment and hospital provides world-class customer service to EMS providers.
1. An active EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic certification in the Commonwealth of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity is required
for an EMT candidate.
2. Maintains current CPR and defibrillation certification. Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within one year of employment.
3. Must have significant experience, five years or more, with both pre-hospital and in-hospital emergency medical services and
providers. Strong understanding of EMS systems and services.
4. A thorough knowledge of hospital services and/or hospital operations.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with EMS providers, air ambulances providers, hospital staff,
physicians, and all levels of management.
7. Ability to organize and lead committees of diverse agencies specializing in EMS delivery.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.