CLINICAL NURSE LEADER, RN, BSN – $5,000 BONUS ELIGIBLE
Department: REHAB UNITS
Hours: Variable, Some Weekends
The Clinical Care Leader is a Registered Professional Nurse with responsibility and accountability for the coordination of clinical activities for a given team of patients. Develops and sustains an environment that promotes excellence in clinical practice and customer satisfaction, while striving for optimal efficiency and productivity of all resources.
The Clinical Care Leader utilizes the nursing process, leadership skills and current evidence based clinical knowledge to assess the health needs of patients, collaborate with health team members to coordinate patient care, anticipate outcomes of nursing interventions, and set criteria for the quality of patient care. Provides patient and staff education, clinical supervision, and participates in unit based activities (quality assessment, shared governance, scheduling, quality review, staff development in services, etc.). Accepts responsibility and accountability for ethical/legal functioning. Provides supervision for team members as needed, and assumes increasing leadership responsibility for professional practice on the unit.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. BSN required.
3. National nursing certification required or must be completed within first year in the role.
4. Must obtain a Clinical Nurse II in the Professional Nurse Advancement Program within first year in the role and maintain the
this level while in the CCL role
5. Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia.
6. Must possess knowledge of hospital policies and nursing policies and procedures and techniques within assigned patient care
area. Cumulative experience must be a minimum of two years of acute care.
7. Maintains current CPR certification.
8. Must have broad based knowledge of clinical, psychosocial, and patho/physiological theories relating to nursing diagnosis and
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.