REGISTERED NURSE (RN) – RICHMOND FLOAT POOL – ELEVATED FLAT RATE
Department: BSR FLEX TEAM
Hours: Variable, Some Weekends
Provides, coordinates, supervises and responsibly directs the activities of various levels of assigned nurses and ancillary personnel in the provision of patient are utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. The nurse will follows all Bon Secours policies and procedures. Float to all sites in your local market. This would include inpatient units of Medsurg/Telemetry/Critical Care/Rehab.
1. Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
2. Current Virginia RN license
3. BSN preferred
4. 2 or more years clinical nurse experience required in at least 2 or more specialties.
5. CPR and ACLS certifications required.
6. Certifications required in specialty care units/medical nurses do not require ACLS.
7. Organizational skills, ability to prioritize.
8. Computer literate.
9. Supervisory skills.
10. Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
11. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
12. Ability to use various instruments, machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.
13. Must work at least 24 hours per 4 week scheduling period and one 12 hour weekend shift.
14. Must work 1 summer and 1 winter holiday.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy(SYS.HR.NUR.001)which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.