RN – SHORT PUMP EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Department: SHORT PUMP EMERGENCY DEPT
Shift: Evening, Night
Hours: 12 Hour Shifts, Some Weekends
The Registered Nurse is an experienced level professional nurse who is focused primarily on developing knowledge and skills. Displays growth in ability to care for increasingly complex patient. Seeks consultation and guidance from expert resources for improving individual clinical practice.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of
3. Minimum of one year of Emergency Department RN experience required
4. Maintains current BLS certification. Additional certifications may be necessary for specialty areas.
5. Must competently perform the practice of professional nursing.
6. Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds and perform all functions involved in safe patient handling.
7. Must be able to perform all functions involved in CPR.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy(SYS.HR.NUR.001)which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.