PROGRAM COORDINATOR FAMILY LEAGUE
Department: BRIGHT BEGINNINGS
Shift: Day, Evening
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Some Weekends
To provide ongoing, intensive, professional supervision and manages day-to-day functioning of the direct services prenatal home visiting program and staff. Act as a liaison with funding and other agencies and monitor the ongoing program development. Conduct initial interview and conduct assessment with parents to determine eligibility for the home visitation program.
- Childhood Education, Human Development or related field. Minimum of 3-4 years related experience and/or training in the development and implementation of home visiting programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Program and/or project management, and supervision experience, a Minimum of 2-3years.
- 90 Hour Child Care Certification required or Infant-Toddler CDA acceptable.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in the human services field.
- Demonstrated good observation, appropriate communication, organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with people.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to individuals who may not share common value system or beliefs.
- Creative and knowledgeable about community resources.
- Have current medical evaluation, including a tuberculosis screen within six months before the individual begins work in the Center.
- Experience conducting outreach/recruitment and presentations.
- Experience working with low-income families, youth, survivors of domestic violence, populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, and HIV/AIDS and other diverse communities.
- Have knowledge of substance abuse and domestic violence, and its effect on families.
- Experience documenting client services in paper files and online databases.
- Knowledge of community resources for low-income families in Baltimore City.
- Computer literate – experience with MS Office Suite.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid required within six (6) months of hire.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (i.e. weekends, evening, holidays)
- Possess valid Maryland Driver’s License and current car insurance on their vehicle and have ability to travel extensively in Baltimore City and Baltimore County
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.